Course General Objectives
By the successful completion of this course, the students will be able to:-
1. Understanding the necessary basics of using the computer in engineering applications.
2. Gain the knowledge and experience of writing the algorithms for some engineering applications.
3. Understanding the basics of the methods of numerical solution of:
• Systems of linear equations and non-linear equations.
• Numerical integration.
• Numerical differentiation.
• Numerical solution of ordinary differential equation,
4. Gain the knowledge and experience for programing and drawing MATLAB software.
Course Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of this program, students will be able to:
Memorize the relevant areas of Mathematics, including Statistics and Calculus, to computing
Describe the necessary of basics of using Computer in engineering applications
Write program that solve problems cover the matrix algebra, repetition using for and while MATLAB statements
Compose a structures for design of algorithms and data structures
Analyze the problems cover the matrix algebra, repetition using for and while MATLAB statements, linear and nonlinear equations, loops and logical operations, 2-D and 3-D graphs.
Essential MATLAB for Engineers and Scientists, by Brian Hahn, Daniel T. Valentine, 3rd Edition, Butterworth-Heinemann, Elsevier Ltd., 2007
MATLAB Programming for Engineers, by Stephen J. Chapman, Fourth Edition, Cengage-Engineering, 2007
Applied Numerical Methods with MATLAB for Engineers and Scientists, by S. C. Chapra, Mc Graw Hill, second edition, 2008